Last Updated: September 2018
Who Are We?
https://cydarmedical.com is a website (referred to as the “Site”) of CYDAR. When we use the terms "We" "us", "our" or “CYDAR” then:
- if you are visiting this Site from the United States of America, we refer to CYDAR Inc.; and
- if you are visiting this Site from elsewhere, we refer to CYDAR Limited.
CYDAR Limited and CYDAR Inc. and any other companies under common ownership (either wholly or by majority) from time to time are our "Group".
More details about us can be found at https://cydarmedical.com/about-us.
What Is this Document?
What Information Do We Collect from You?
We collect Personal Information relevant to the activity you choose to undertake on our Site. This includes:
1. Information You Provide
Enquiries: If you correspond with us, we will process and store:
- Name and contact details for correspondence: Your name, e-mail address and any other information you choose to provide.
- Employment applications: Any Personal Information you provide to us when applying for a position with CYDAR will be used solely to consider and act upon your application. If you apply for a position with us, the Personal Information we will process and store may include:
- Name and contact details: Title, name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Employment and education details: Information that may be recorded on a CV or application form, including contact information of third parties in case of an emergency.
2. Other information
Technical and statistical information: We collect some technical and statistical information about your use of our Site, including:
- The Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet.
- Your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform (as applicable to the device you are using).
- Information about your visit, including the website that referred you to our Site (if applicable); the path that you take through and from our Site (including date and time); pages that you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
This technical and statistical information is typically anonymous but may identify you in certain circumstances (“Technical Data”). Where it does, we treat it as Personal Information.
Our service provider Google Analytics also collects Technical Data from you in the course of providing anonymous information to us about the use of our Site. You can read more about how Google Analytics uses Technical Data here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB.
How Do We Use Information Collected from You?
In addition to the direct uses of your Personal Information for the purposes noted above, your Personal Information may be processed in the following ways:
- To improve our Site, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner and for our internal business purposes;
- To seek to protect CYDAR against threats such as fraud or cyber-attacks; and
- To create anonymous data for use in the course of our business, for example to see which parts of our Site are most popular, or for other internal analysis and analytics purposes. Once anonymised, this data will no longer identify you and so will cease to be Personal Information.
With Whom Do We Share your Personal Information?
We may share your Personal Information amongst our Group or with our service providers as part of the operation of our business (for example, to obtain information necessary to reply to your correspondence, or to consider your employment application) or to pursue our legitimate interests. We require that our service providers agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which CYDAR retained them.
We may also share your Personal Information with other organisations or individuals when we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- At your request or with your express consent.
- Enforce applicable legal terms and conditions or our other legal rights, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against or prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of CYDAR, our members or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may disclose or transfer any information we have about you in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, any reorganization, sale, lease, merger, joint venture, assignment, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal or financing of all or any portion of our business or of any of the business assets or shares.
Where Is your Personal Information Stored and Processed?
We will process and store your Personal Information in our IT systems, which includes cloud-hosted IT systems.
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), note that your Personal Information may be transferred, processed and stored outside of the EEA, for example in connection with our use of cloud-hosted IT systems. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to this transfer, processing and/or storage anywhere in the world, including the United States.
How Is your Personal Information Protected?
The security of all Personal Information provided to CYDAR is important to us, and CYDAR employs organization and technical methods designed to protect your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while CYDAR strives to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to CYDAR, and you do so at your own risk.
How Long Do We Keep your Personal Information?
If you apply for employment with us, we may retain your Personal Information for a period of time, but only for as long as necessary to assess your application or as otherwise required by law.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. CYDAR does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
Links to Other Websites
CYDAR Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA080276. https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA080276
In some cases, you may have the legal right to access, correct, remove, or prevent processing of any of your Personal Information. If you would like to exercise this right, please send your request using the contact details above. Please be aware that in some cases we may not be able to process your request, for example, if it is technically impractical, may affect the privacy rights of others, or imposes a disproportionate burden on us.